2 About this policy
3 Your rights and wishes: Gives you freedom of choice and control
4 How do we collect your personal information?
5 What personal information do we collect from you?
6 What do we use your personal information for?
7 Sharing of your personal information
8 Storing and deletion of data
9 Transfer to other countries
10 How we protect your information
11 Age limit
13 How to contact us
Thank you for taking part in Estrid!
At Estrid, we want to give you the best possible experience and make sure you enjoy our service today, tomorrow and in the future. To do this, we need to understand your shaving habits so that we can deliver a fantastic and personalized service tailored specifically for you. The privacy and security of your personal data is, and will remain, very important to us. Therefore, we want to describe in a transparent way how we collect, store, share and use your personal data, and describe how you can control and set when and how you want to share your personal data.
- ABOUT THIS POLICY
In time, we may develop new and offer additional services. If the launch of new or additional services results in a change in how we collect and process your personal data, we will provide you with more information and additional terms or rules. Unless stated when introducing new or additional services, they are covered by this policy.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Make sure you understand what personal information we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it and who we share it with
- Explain how we use personal information that you share with us to give you a good experience when using the Estrid service
- Explain what rights and options you have in relation to the personal information we collect and process about you, and how we protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand what privacy obligations we have towards you. For information on how to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, see “How to contact us” below. If you do not agree to the content of this policy, you may choose not to use the Estrid service.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND WISHES: GIVES YOU FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND CONTROL
You may know that there is an EU law, the so-called General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”, which gives individuals certain rights concerning their personal data. Based on access, and with the exception of restrictions in the current law, the individual is granted the following rights:
- Right of access – the right to be informed about and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Correction – the right to request that we change or update your personal information when it is incorrect or incomplete;
- Right to delete – right to request that we delete your personal information;
- Right to restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently suspend the processing of all or some of your personal data;
- Right to protest – the right to object to processing your personal data because of your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct advertising;
- Right to data portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transfer this personal data for use in another party’s services and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision making – right not to be subject to any decisions based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where decisions would have legal or similar effect on you.
In order for you to be able to exercise these rights easily and to register how you want Estrid to use your personal data, you have access to settings in your account on the Estrid service, in emails we send out and by contacting us through our site , email, social media or letter. We will also gradually add more features that will allow you to directly change your settings, give or remove consent, and more.
If we send you electronic marketing communications in accordance with your consent or in accordance with what is permitted by applicable law, you may at any time revoke your consent or submit your objection (“decline”). The electronic marketing emails you receive from Estrid (such as those sent via email) also include a mechanism to unsubscribe from the message itself (such as the Unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you).
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights or how you exercise them, please contact us at [email protected] We will respond to your request within a reasonable time after verifying your identity. If you are dissatisfied with how we use your personal data, you can also contact or make a complaint to the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Data Inspectorate) or your local data protection authority.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal information as follows:
- When you register for the Estrid service – when you register for the Estrid service, we collect certain personal information that is required to use the Estrid service, eg email address, name, date of birth, gender and country.
- Through your time of the Estrid service – when you use the Estrid service, we collect personal information about your time of the Estrid service, e.g. what color you liked.
- Personal data that is collected that allows us to provide additional features / functionality – from time to time you can explicitly choose to give us your consent to collect additional personal data, for example, so that we can provide more features. You can change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent.
- From the third part – we receive personal information about you and your activity from the third part, including advertisers and partners we work with to provide the Estrid service (see “Sharing your personal data” below). We use this personal data if you have obtained your consent of data sharing to the third party or Estrid, or if Estrid has a legitimate interest in using personal data for the purpose of providing the Estrid service.
We use such anonymized and compiled data for purposes that include testing of our IT systems, research, data analysis, marketing and campaigns, improvement of the Estrid service and development of new features / functionality of the Estrid service.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Below we describe the categories of personal data that we collect and use about you:
Personal information collected when you sign up for the Estrid service:
Information on the use of the Estrid service
Personal information collected about you when you use the Estrid service. May include the following:
- Information about your type of Estrid subscription.
- Information about your interaction with the Estrid service, which includes the date and time of all requests you make and your interactions with other Estrid users. It may also include information about your use of third-party applications and advertising you receive.
- User content that you publish on Estrid, including messages you send and / or receive via Estrid and your interactions with the Estrid customer service.
Personal data collected with your permission, which allows us to provide you with additional features or functionality:
- Date of Birth
- Credit or debit card type, expiration date and certain numbers in your card number
- Mobile phone number and
- Details of your transaction history.
If you choose to pay by invoice, we provide your personal information to our payment providers so that they can carry out a credit check and send invoices.
Details of competitions, surveys and lotteries
This personal information is used to enable you to register for and participate in these types of campaigns. The specific personal information collected varies depending on the campaign.
This personal information is used to enable Estrid and our partners / service providers to send marketing communications as follows:
- via email
- while using the Estrid service
- directly from third parties
- WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
When using or interacting with the Estrid service, we use a variety of technologies to process personal information that we collect about you for a variety of reasons. In the table below, we describe the reasons why we process your personal data, the legal bases we rely on to process your personal data and what categories of personal data (specified in section 5, “What personal data do we collect from you?”) used for these purposes:
Description of why Estrid processes your personal data (“processing purposes”):
To provide, customize and enhance your experience of the Estrid service and other services and products provided by Estrid. For example, by providing customized, personal or localized content, recommendations, features within or outside the Estrid service.
To understand how you access and use the Estrid service to ensure the technical functionality of the service, to develop new products and services and to analyze your use of the Estrid service, including your interaction with applications, products and services available through, linked to or offered by the Estrid service.
To communicate with you for purposes linked to the Estrid service.
To process your payment and to prevent and detect fraud, including payment fraud and illegal use of the Estrid service.
To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our affiliates for marketing, research, participation in competitions or surveys or advertising purposes.
If you need further information on the balances that Estrid has made to check if our legitimate interest can constitute legal basis under the GDPR, you should read section 13 “How to Contact Us” for more information on how to contact us.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The following personal data is only shared with the recipient categories described in the table below if:
- you choose to use the respective function of the Estrid service where sharing of certain information is required for the correct use of the function in the Estrid service or
- you expressly grant us your consent to share personal data, e.g. by selecting the appropriate setting in the Estrid service.
Read more about how to handle messages, publicly available information and what you share with others in section 3, “Your Rights and Your Desires: Gives You Choice and Control,” in this policy.
Information we can share:
Service providers and others
We use technical service providers that apply the technical infrastructure we need to provide the Estrid service, in particular the hosting, storage, management and maintenance providers of the Estrid service with the content and information we process.
We use technical service providers to help us communicate as described in (section 6) of this policy.
We use marketing and advertising partners to show you more personalized content, or to help us understand your use of the Estrid service in order to offer you a better service. We may also share personal information with certain marketing and advertising partners to be able to send marketing communications about Estrid.
- If you access the Estrid service through an offer you have received or purchased from a third party, such as an online store, we will share personal information with the third party about your use of the Estrid service, e.g. if and to what extent you have used the offer, activated an Estrid account or actively used the Estrid service.
- Depending on how you sign up for the Estrid service (such as through a third-party service or online store), we will share your Estrid username or any other office registration information needed to activate your account.
- We may also share your personal data in pseudonymized format with our partners to help them understand how the products they provide to us are graded and managed and to enable you to obtain products through the Estrid service.
- We also share your personal data in pseudonymized format with marketing partners who help us with marketing campaigns.
We share your personal data for activities such as statistical analysis and academic surveys, but only in pseudonymized format.
Other companies within Estrid
We share your personal information with other Estrid companies to carry out our day-to-day business and to maintain and provide the Estrid service.
Police and data protection authorities
We share your personal information when we believe in good faith that it is necessary for us to do so in order to fulfill a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, court order or lawsuit.
We also share your personal information when we believe in good faith that it is necessary for our own or third party’s legitimate interests related to national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigations, to protect the safety of any person, or to prevent death or imminent bodily injury, provided that we believe that such interest exceeds your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of your personal information.
Buyers of our business
We share your personal information in cases where we sell or negotiate to sell our company to a buyer or to potential buyers.
- DATA STORAGE AND REMOVAL
We will retain your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the Estrid service and for legitimate and important purposes, such as maintenance of the Estrid service, data-based decisions on new features and solutions, compliance with our legal obligations and resolution of disputes. We retain some of your personal information as long as you use the Estrid service, whether you are a paying subscriber or only a registered member. For example, we can keep your shopping cart, your ratings and your account information. This is so that you can stop your purchases or subscriptions but still get the recommendations and other features that the Estrid service provides to all members.
Upon your request or if you have been inactive for a long period, normally 36 months, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that they will no longer identify you unless we are legally entitled or required to maintain certain personal information, including in the following situations:
- if there is an unsolved problem with linking to your account, e.g. missing payments to your account or unresolved claims or disputes, we store necessary personal information until the issue is resolved
- If we have to store personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we store the necessary personal data for the period of time that is enforced in applicable law.
- if it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, e.g. to prevent fraud or maintain the security of our users.
- TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Estrid shares your personal information globally with other companies in the Estrid Group to carry out the activities set out in this policy. This includes Estrid Group companies in the following countries: the United Kingdom and Sweden. Estrid may also hire a subcontractor to process your personal information with third parties in countries other than the country of residence or share your personal information with them. Your personal information may therefore be covered by privacy laws that differ from the laws of the country of residence.
Personal data collected within the EU and Switzerland can be transferred to and processed by third parties in a country outside the EU and Switzerland. In such cases, Estrid shall ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable confidentiality laws and in particular that appropriate contractual, technical and organizational measures have been established, eg. the standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission.
For more information about the security measures we use to protect your personal information, please read section 11, “How We Protect Your Personal Information,” in this policy.
- PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We strive to protect the personal data of our users. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of your personal data, but please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies, including pseudonymization, encryption and access and storage policies to protect against unauthorized access and unnecessary storage of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we recommend that you use a unique and strong password, restrict access to your computer and browser, and log out when you have used the Estrid service.
- AGE LIMIT
The Estrid service is not intended for persons under the age of 18.
We do not consciously collect personal data from children under the age of 13 or below the applicable age limit (the “age limit”). If you are below the age limit, do not use the Estrid service or provide any personal information to us.
If you are a custodian of a child under the age limit and are notified that your child has submitted personal information to Estrid, you can contact us at [email protected] and request that you exercise your applicable rights, as we describe in “Your Rights and Desires: Gives you freedom of choice and control ”section 3 of this policy.
If we become aware that we have collected personal data about a child under 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. This may include removing the child’s Estrid account.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy.
When we make significant changes to this policy, we will provide you with a clear notice taking into account the circumstances, e.g. by displaying a clear message in the Estrid service or by sending an email. We can notify you in advance.
Therefore, make sure you read all such messages carefully.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
We hope you like Estrid!